JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to see "WP Copy Data Protect" effect. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To see full result of "WP Copy Data Protector", enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.
Be-MRCOG Online OSCE and Written Courses for MRCOG Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 and MRCP I. MRCOG Part I Part II Part III Courses Books Questions Tutorials SBAs EMQs

My Tips for MRCOG Part 3

Home Forums Do’s and Dont’s My Tips for MRCOG Part 3

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Sarwat Umer 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Sarwat Umer
    Participant

You must have read my testimonial and detailed experience with BeMRCOG course. In addition to that, I would like to share my tips on preparation for MRCOG Part 3.

I studied with my friend and initially we used to do at least four cases a day. Our way of preparation was,  we both write down the keys (two each person) and after reviewing the related guideline, patient information leaflet and what is given in e-tutorial of BeMRCOG. This technique facilitated us a lot in revising cases with in no time.

We started practicing from STRATOG case studies then Tony Hollingworth, Lisa , Get through and past exam recalls.

Tony is indeed my favorite book. It gives insights to important points which we think are trivial in nature and easily overlook, but are very important for patient safety. I practiced it with my sister since it’s a very good book to practice with a lay person as it gives complete examiner and role player instructions. By doing this book with my sister, I realized what important points to cover that are important for a lay person’s understanding (simulated patient and lay examiner).  I used to take her feedback very seriously and realized what’s missing in my consultation that resulted in improvement in my communication, fluency and nonverbal cues.

Get through is also very good as it tells you what empathy means and how to deliver it. It gives you examples of the answers to difficult questions asked by the patients. Although both books follow old pattern but still you can learn a lot from them.

Not to forget STRATOG part 3 videos and basic surgical skills book by RCOG (best for core surgical skill module and teaching).

Prepare the common stations very well so that you have enough marks in your bucket during exam to overcome suboptimal performance in difficult and atypical stations.

Simulated Patient Task tips… establishing concerns, active listening, empathy, simple words, small sentences and frequent pauses.

Case Based Discussion tips … take some pause after listening to question (even if u know the answer) . Keep your pace slow. Start with logically explained d/d.  Avoid repeating information mentioned in candidate instructions (rather use it to justify d/d)

One month before the exam, we used to do at least 14 to 20 stations a day from past recalls , that really improved our fluency. And also doing cases in random helped in smoothly switching our minds from one module to another, preparing thoroughly for exam. We used to mark 1 minute for preparation and 9 minute for station so that we finish well in time in exam. This strategy really works and I remember that during exam all my stations were completed well before time.

In exam identify your module during 2 minutes outside station and recall your flash card for that module(we made during group practice with BeMRCOG) and start right away according to that.  No matter how difficult station comes, you can always gain some marks by going systematically and logically. This worked as my key to success which I learnt from Asma.

Lastly, You should be 100% prepared for exam before you go for any live courses to get maximum benefit. RCOG course really helped me to know my strengths and weaknesses.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.